Although focusing on the scripted wedding narrative, Andrea is always looking for the moments that are more subtle than a whisper & more significant than a routine shot list. She believes that these moments articulate the most prized memories you'll carry with you.
It is always an honor to know that you checked out my portfolio and wanted to write me about photographing your wedding. If you were maybe, possibly, given this link from a good friend or even your fiancé, but haven't had a chance to view my work, please take a moment to look portfolio & blog.
You can also click on an image below to view that wedding or engagement gallery to see more examples of my recent work!
How do I approach wedding photography?
As you've noticed, my couples are a lot like you. They are thrilled to be getting married, and want photographs that genuinely illustrate their love story. I enjoy knowing that we share a taste for classic portraits & authentic moments captured through my lenses. In order to achieve my natural & relaxed style, we communicate in the early stages of your wedding planning for an optimal photographic experience.
My formula is a simple blend of planning ahead and establishing a timeline that ensures I get all the photos we need. The little secret I use, is that we also plan for time to intuitively capture the photographs I know you'll want.
Even though many of you contact me through email, I try to insist that we meet or get in touch by phone, as early on as possible. The more familiar we are, the easier it is to breathe when I aim my camera at you all day long (promise it won't feel like it though). In fact, most people tell me that they forget that I was even there during some parts of the day. That is, until they see their images and realize I was capturing delicate moments. Engagement sessions also help with practicing what it is like to be posed and photographed as a couple. You will finally have more than a selfie to use for your save the dates! Hooray!
Communicating your priorities & helping you create a timeline is also how we set up structure for your photography experience.
To book me for your wedding:
- First, I like to make sure we have spoken on the phone or met in person. It's really an important step in making sure we are a fit for each other. This appointment makes sure we have communicated expectations, we are able to ask each other questions, and that you have the opportunity to get my personal suggestions about your wedding day and tips for your venue.
- I'll send you a quote based on the package you are interested in, reflecting any requests you might have needed to make (for instance adding hours or an engagement session). Please mention what kind of products and coverage you are interested in when you contact me.
- Once you've reviewed the quote, you can "accept" it. Then I will send over the contract for you to sign online and an invoice for 50% of the total wedding investment as a retainer. The remaining balance is due 30 days before the wedding.
- After the contract & invoice are completed, I will take your date off my calendar. I do not delegate my weddings to associate photographers or double book dates, so you are ensured that I will be making arrangements to personally shoot your wedding.
- I do not hold wedding dates. First come, first serve. Quotes expire on the date noted, but if the date is booked before that date, they automatically expire. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Let me know which way you would prefer we chat, I'm looking forward to talking with you!
937.478.5227 | firstname.lastname@example.org